Security Window Laminates
& Mechanical Anchoring System
GSL GLASSGUARD SECURITY WINDOW LAMINATES
GSL Glassguard have developed a strong, robust and highly effective mechanical anchoring system to increase the performance of safety and security window films. Whilst the Safety Zone 12 mil security film grips the glass fragments, our Anchoring System secures the film to the window frame, maximizing the effectiveness of the film, and helping to prevent collapse of the window.
GSL Glassguard Security Laminate is a tough sheet of polyester film bonded to ordinary glass to make it less easily broken through. It is thicker than standard window film and the adhesive holds a greater power.
- Limits “smash & grab” burglary by deterring or delaying intruders.
- Broken glass holds together in the frame.
- Convenient cost-effective way to upgrade existing glazing.
- Approved UL 972 Standard for Burglary Resisting Glazing Material.
- Our films have all been tested and all have international accreditation and standards.
Benefits of ANCHORED Security Laminate Installations:
- Limits forced entry
- Replaces unsightly window bars or shutters
- Increases safety and security
- Suitable for most window and door frames, including facades, curtain walls and skylights
- Answers insurance requirements
- Retrofit security solution is effective and non-disruptive
The anchored system is recommended for use in shop-front protection, high security institutions or public areas vulnerable to unrest or attack.
GSL Glassguard will work with you in crime prevention. The more layers of protection that you can create, the more difficult it is for intruders to succeed. Most burglars are looking for the avenue of the least resistance which in most common cases are windows! Installation of high quality locks, strong doors, motion-sensor lights, monitored alarms, and GSL Glassguard security laminate protection on all glass panes are all important preventive tactics.